How to Work with Electricity Safely
When working with electricity, it is important to know how to do so as safe as possible. Faulty electrical work is extremely dangerous. According to www.247homerescue.co.uk, 750 serious injuries and 10 deaths occur each year in the UK because of faulty electrics. These numbers are only statistics of course, and unfortunately as technology continues to grow, the likelihood of an electrical related injury remains as a very real possibility. Thankfully, we have devised this list that includes the best ways in which you can work with electricals as safely as possible.
Safety at Home
Our homes often contain multiple electrical appliances such as televisions, hair dryers, straighteners, game consoles and microwaves etc. If one of these appliances stop working, many people attempt to fix it themselves. This is both good and bad. If you know what you are doing, then great. But if you are unsure, it may be wiser to seek a professional to come and take a look at the problem.
If you have to change your fuse, make sure that the adjoined appliance is switched off and unplugged. It is important to do this before attempting to change the fuse to avoid any accidents.
Many people use an electric drill or battery operated device to drill holes in walls to hand shelves or pictures etc. However, choose the wrong spot on the wall and you could hit a cable and cause yourself serious injury. Before drilling any holes, use a cable detector.
Be careful not to overpower your extension lead. You can do this by using too many socket outlets and overloading the lead with high-wattage appliances. This can be extremely dangerous as it can cause an appliance or the lead itself to overheat.
Never use an electrical appliance in the bathroom. According to www.electricity-guide.org.uk, even when using items such as shavers and electric toothbrushes, the chances of getting hurt are still present. This is why it is crucial that you take extra care when dealing with such devices in such environments.
Never use a device or item with a damaged cord. Cords can get damaged in numerous ways such as a pet nibbling on the wires, or perhaps they have become worn over time. If the wires are exposed, this is a sure sign that the cord is unsafe and should not be used. Check your household electrical appliances regularly and make sure to keep an eye on the cords about your house.
Ireland Electrical Control Components must be in top working condition. This is not only important for domestic use but also in commercial and industrial establishments. Electrical control components supplier OSM can supply every kind of electrical component to help ensure your electrics are always working to the best of their ability.