Helping that house sale go through
When you make the decision to sell your property perhaps to move to a larger location or to downsize after your children have grown up, you want the sale to happen as quickly as possible. By using a professional Estate Agents Cheltenham you can make the most of their expertise and knowledge of the area to help make this happen.
Once the estate agent has arranged for you viewings to take place the staging process occurs. This is where people come to visit you home to see whether it fits in with what they are looking for. There are a number of things that you can do to help the potential buyers picture themselves in your home. When a buyer feels a connection with a property they are more likely to put in an offer.
Here are some things that you can do.
- Declutter – by removing clutter from around your home you naturally open up the space and can make a room seem larger. It is important to make sure that you do not remove all personal items as this adds personality to your house and helps the people viewing it to see themselves living in the space.
- Refresh paintwork – giving your walls a quick coat of a light coloured paint will also help the space to appear larger and will help the buyer to visualise their own furniture and colour schemes in the rooms. This not only creates a great first impression but means the buyers can move in straight away without having to redecorate immediately.
- A bit of handiwork – if you have any minor repairs that need to be undertaken you should ensure that these are done before any potential buyers walk around your property. This could include any door handles that are broken, small holes in the walls where you have removed a picture and any cracked tiles or skirting boards.
- Kitchen area – the kitchen is the most valuable part of a house and it is often this area that sells a property so it is worth investing in giving it a quick update such as buying replacement doors for your cabinets and removing any clutter from the work surfaces. A fruit bowl is all you really want to be leaving on the worktop.
- A homely feel – creating a homely feel will make a huge difference in how people feel about the space. This may include lighting a fire or turning on the heating in the colder months, adding some plants or flowers to the rooms and ensuring that you have curtains or blinds at each of the windows. Most people are aware of the benefits of the smell of freshly baked bread or cakes in the kitchen but this is not always practical to simply making a pot of coffee can have the same impact.