The stresses of moving home
Moving home can be one of the most stressful things you can do in life along with getting married and having children. There are so many things to think of and large sums of money to be borrowed and a time frame that seems to always be moving before you can set foot in your home.
But there are some things you can do to make moving day a little bit less stressful. Here are 5 of these top tips:
- Label everything – Label all of your boxes with the contents they contain and the room they relate to. Some people prefer to do this using colour and assign a coloured sticker to each room and then pack similar items together and colour code the box once it is parcel taped up.
- Employ a professional company to help move all of your furniture and belongings – For example http://www.imoveremovals.co.uk/ is a Removal company Bristol. Professional removers do this day in and day out and they often have handy hints and tips of their own. They will also understand your organisational method to allocating boxes to particular rooms. Removal firms can really take some of the major stress out of the day by taking charge of the loading and unloading of the vans and safe delivery of your possessions.
- Pack an overnight bag – There can’t be anything worse than not having PJ’s for the night and a toothbrush. It’s also nice to be able to have a couple of spare changes of clothes. The world certainly seems a much better place when you’re wearing clean pants. Strangely enough it is the little things like this that will help you bond with your new home.
- Create a home file – This is essential. Make sure you have a handy to get to file that contains all the correspondence you have or will need about the house. Someone is bound to ask for it so forewarned is forearmed. We mean Solicitors contacts, Mortgage offer and lender details or new rental agreement depending on where you’re moving to. The contact details for the Estate agent.
- Purge as you pack – Don’t ever be afraid to chuck stuff away. Do you really need that many vases or mugs? Are those magazines that you were keeping for the recipes really going to get made? Does that cupboard actually fit in the new house, will you need that many chairs.
The thing to remember is not to be concerned. Worrying is not going to help. Focus on the positives and never ever feel like you cannot ask for help.